2023 Big Game Success Thread

My mom hammered her once in a lifetime Idaho moose yesterday. 8.6 blackout with the 175 grain hammer hunter at 100 yards. Just made jello of much of the lunges. Moose was in its bed when she shot it, stood up, took two steps and fell backwards back into his bed. The blood spray from the exit wound was impressive. We were all impressed with the little round and really proud of my Mom.

Attachments

• IMG_9162.jpeg
    IMG_9162.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45
Very nice. Moose tags are hard to get in Idaho. I keep trying! Congratulations! It is nice to see some big game harvested by such a unique round.

My mom hammered her once in a lifetime Idaho moose yesterday. 8.6 blackout with the 175 grain hammer hunter at 100 yards. Just made jello of much of the lunges. Moose was in its bed when she shot it, stood up, took two steps and fell backwards back into his bed. The blood spray from the exit wound was impressive. We were all impressed with the little round and really proud of my Mom.
That’s awesome! What was the muzzle velocity of the 175 HH from the 8.6 blackout?

Yesterday evening my hunting buddy that I have shared years of adventures with filled his once in a lifetime moose tag, yes we had two tags in the group this year. So much moose meat! At the moment of the shot he decided to get behind my 7 Sherman short cause he said it felt more comfortable to make the 367 yard shot. He hit it in the chest and the 131 grain hammer hunter dropped him in his tracks. I could hear the bullet hit with my ears plugged. These bullets just continue to impress me.

Attachments

• IMG_9176.jpeg
    IMG_9176.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9177.jpeg
    IMG_9177.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 33
Gday Chad
My 2023 Utah CWMU Bull.
143 grain HH 7magView attachment 3526
love the thickness in those beams but the brow & bay tines are what does it for me on that bull if you guys call them that as I’m more use to red deer 🤷‍♂️

We only got a brief introduction on your bull previously

If you wouldn’t mind giving us a bit more of the journey you went on to secure him it would be welcome from a few of us im sure definitely from me
Either way congrats
Cheers

IMG_8661.jpeg
Embarrassingly no hat for this sambar Hind 😳
Shot a couple of weeks ago.
arrived in camp 10am, shot 12pm, 500m pack out and a couple of hours sleep (drove through the night to get there)
All before my hunting companions arrived at 6pm, hunted for the rest of the week without anyone having another opportunity on a deer 😂

258SH 9.3x74R, impact 2300fps, full pass through shank & petals. About 20” penetration to exit. Shot was not ideal, hit further back than intended, major damage to 1st lung but I think I was saved by hammers with 1 or 2 petals catching the 2nd lung, very drunken looking stagger for a couple of yards down hill and then down.

Can attest to her being very tasty!

Gday TJA
I’d say those deer we got above would be better with the kids hats that Steve’s yet to make 😜 so about time he pulled his finger out & done some up 🤣
What do you prefer Pink or blue camo 🤔😎
Cheers

Back