2024 Fishing Thread

Just got a pic from a guy that bought couple electric riggers from me for his 501(3)(c) Hunt Fish Veteran organization. Obviously gave heck of deal plus plenty of salmon flies I tie along with flashers. He just texted me that everything working great! Heck yeah! Really nice king on one of my flies! Makes you feel like you did something positive for change!

image000000.jpeg

Got zipped but the real point of the trip was to get break in hours on 90hp Merc. About 6+ into the 10hr break in so gotta take time. Gorgeous day, everything worked great! The Hummingbird Helix Mega 7 graph is new to me so lot of time working thru menus. Long ways to go. Huge menu. Has Side Sonar too. It's really hit so much power!

George,
23 leftover at nice price reduction plus Crestliner bonus back. Fish Hawk 1650 with 90 Merc, Terrova 80 trolling motor. Got it for my smallmouth bass resurrection that has been eating at me for years. Plus use it for shallow trolling for cohos and browns. Maybe splake too. Will get some interior pics. The usual with rod locker, live well, nice high back seats, adjustable steering wheel which I need to sit there. Rear seats fold down for casting platform. I have a Big Jon planer mast to run planer boards if need be. Nice compact easy to use boat. Fills in that void from 1989 Penn Yan which is the big water boat. I bought that new in 1989! Still solid and basically my 4x4 on water hull so deep!

Can't wait to run up north for smallies shortly! The really cool part of those trips is I HAVE to stop at several LGS that usually have great powder primer inventory. 🤞

Last edited:
Back