6.5 Staball in 7mag

I only tried it once, h100v was a better option.
these were with v3 magnetospeed.
Ladder powder measured 2x, electric and beam.
StaBall6.5 has its place, for me this wasn't the one.
My experience, yours may differ.

Attachments

• 20230604_172945.jpg
    20230604_172945.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 12
Not the same thing I know, but my 280 REM likes a case full (60 gn roughly) of ACC 4350 and RL 19 with the 131 Heavy Hammer Hunter. BTW, it hated StaBall 6.5

I only tried it once, h100v was a better option.
these were with v3 magnetospeed.
Ladder powder measured 2x, electric and beam.
StaBall6.5 has its place, for me this wasn't the one.
My experience, yours may differ.
Maybe I'm not reading it right but it looks like 72gr of Stabil got you 110fps more than the same load of h100v. Was it pressure or bad groups?

I keep trying it and I keep not picking it. If I was a smart man I would probably give what I have left to somebody I don't like
Devil's powders should be reserved for those most unsavory folks full deserving! :devilish:

Maybe I'm not reading it right but it looks like 72gr of Stabil got you 110fps more than the same load of h100v. Was it pressure or bad groups?
Yep velocity swings and not consistent in the upper limits I like to frequent 😁
Zoom-zoom!!

so far In both my 280 AI and my 243 win I have to give up enough velocity to find a accurate load I might as well go back to cup and core. And that’s not going to happen!!

I've had pretty decent luck with Staball6.5. 4 different cartridges across 7 different rifles. Good speed and good to great accuracy in all. The only one I would go back and change is the one 30-06 and 152hh. Only because I feel I've left a few fps on the table, running that one compressed with 215M primers. Should be a slightly faster powder.

Back