Fun with memes!

Last time we went through Yellowstone NP, we came out the East entrance headed for Cody WY. Going down the canyon there was a 105 set up for avalanche mitigation and no place to stop to check it out (professional curiosity 🙄).
It is still there.
Sylvan Pass.
I saw it Sunday last week.
It was still deep winter between the East Gate and Yellowstone Lake.

They have East gate open now. I've been behind a 155 howitzer before. A 105 is a pop compared to. To trigger an avalanche a 105 is plenty. Don't forget your ear protection 😉

Last edited:
Beautiful area. Had a girlfriend many moons ago who's father owned a mobile home park in in Pismo Beach. Or maybe it was camp/trailer park 🤔. In the early 80's. Used to go up to Monterey.
I miss the Pismo Beach Cities Lions Club. I was a member there during college. Many a good afternoon at the clubhouse grilling before a meeting.

I miss the Pismo Beach Cities Lions Club. I was a member there during college. Many a good afternoon at the clubhouse grilling before a meeting.
They put on a pretty good breakfast when the Pismo car show is in town. Easy parking over there early in the morning, have breakfast, and then walk the car show.

Back