New member re-registered...

Welcome from NorCal!
I shot a nice lope buck up in the Modoc/Lasson County line. Loved it up there. People were so friendly I told a lady in the store/ lunch place. She said we don't consider our selves Californians. Lol ! ( N/E corner of state that butts up to Nevada and Oregon). Most everyone let me hunt fir free on their property. I saw a nice buck on this one guys property. I knocked on door and asked permission to hunt antelope. He said well, your the first one who has asked. The whole place is yours until your done I had more fun talking to him than hunting. He lived there his whole life. Was about 80 yrs old. I blew a stalk the first day. Second day I saw him by a pond had trees and brush for cover. Shot him that day. Went back to the man's house to show him. He said come hang him over here ! He had a perfect old hanging limb he'd used for many years. I had always hoped I could get back up there .I could never draw X5A or X5B deer I think they were. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic. You'll find out I ramble on and tell long stories sometimes. Muddyboots can attest to than 😉
Found them. First buck mine. Second a guy's I met up there.Screenshot_20240330_120419_Gmail.jpgScreenshot_20240330_120435_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
None here. Kommiefornia all. That was before I moved. 😉 Big lope bucks from town here to Meeteese. I can give you info. Deadline to apply 5/31.
We drove a ranch road out of Meeteese, and saw a heck of an antelope. First one my partner ever saw, I told him how good it was, and it took a couple of trips before he realized how good it was.

No season, no tag, private ground, but always fun to see.

Back