Rifle stock picture

Knock dead gorgeous!
Beautiful in the sun!
How many coats so far
Oh hell, I have no idea......30 maybe? I went backwards once because I didn't like the white spacers so sanded them down, taped them off and painted them with black epoxy diluted with acetone.
You're just teasing us now Mountainman
I wanna see the entire beautiful piece finished!;)
Yeah me too :). I was hoping to take it to hunting camp on Wednesday but I don't know if I'll make it or not. :( Going to blast metal today and cerakote tomorrow.

Beautiful! I'd almost be afraid to take it out. Did you carve this out from scratch yourself? I looked around for maybe replacing mine, but the tang on my 1947 is peculiar, something like a clover leaf.

You're just teasing us now Mountainman
I wanna see the entire beautiful piece finished!;)
One more picture. Leaving to Canada for a couple weeks so I won't be able to finish it until I get back. Came out a little shinier than I was looking for but the oil finish will be easy to repair if it comes to that.

I'll get some proper pictures once I get it all back together.

Regards

stock2.jpg

Get to the back of the Line and no cutting is allowed :ROFLMAO: That is going to be GORGEOUS I am still drooling the keyboard is getting soaked!
Gday markfina
That’s a good reply 🤣🤣& sitting here wondering what to type In response 🤷‍♂️

Na you got me
Cheers

That is one beautiful piece of timber!

I’m the other end of the spectrum GL all of my rifles have blued steel and timber stocks and I’m thinking I wouldn’t mind trying out something stainless steel and carbon fibre.. see what all this modernity is about!
Definitely a beautiful stock, well done @Mountainman .

Not to take anyway from the thread @TJA500 Bolly/Precision Defence Industries make some extremely stable lightweight C/F stocks here in Australia. Just add a stainless Tikka stainless barrelled action for an accurate lightweight all weather rifle.

Back