Primer Rating Chart

BTW this chart along with Lyman chart showed the REM 9 1/2Mag was right next to WLR. So I started using it in .270Win and the results are fantastic. Low ES SD and great accuracy with 117HH at 3470fps with H4350. Load posted.

Saving 210's for different cartridges but like what I see with Rem mag primers. Plus "reasonable" (whatever that is) price <$90 and available. I stopped being a primer snob.

Would like to see where the Win #41 primer fits on the Primer reference chart.
Not scientific and I can’t remember the numbers, but they produced slower velocity compared to CCI450 in an 300 HAM’R gas gun.
And I think Ed said he had some pierce in hotter loads.

Not scientific and I can’t remember the numbers, but they produced slower velocity compared to CCI450 in an 300 HAM’R gas gun.
And I think Ed said he had some pierce in hotter loads.
I did a test with 27.4 gr. H335 and 40 gr Hornady V-max bullets. 6 bullets with Win 41 primers and 6 bullets with WSR primers. All bullets had similar average velocities, but the Win 41 primers had quite a bit higher ES in velocity and do not shoot as accurately. Small testing sample, but it game me an idea of the strength of the Win 41 primers. My guess is that the Win 41 primers are WSR primers with ticker cups to meet Mil specs. WSR primers are known to be between Magnum primer and Standard primer strength.

Back