154HHT, 163HHT and 168HHT in a 300 RUM

Went out this morning in the Orange Grove and shot the 154's and 168 and finalized my loads, at least my July loads. This will probably change slightly come October.

After that I came back and ran the numbers against the 137s that I shot last year. The clear winner was the 154 hht. Looks like that's going to be my bullet for distance at camp this year. I plan on building four of the 154s and four of the 168s and shooting them at 500 yards and let that help me make my decision. But right now I'm leanin 154.

View attachment 2030

I'd say Hammer HQ achieved their goal of creating a highly accurate high BC bullet.

This place is awesome

Joe
Joe, 30 inch barrel on your rifle? Just trying to get velocity adjusted in my head for a 26 inch barrel. Thanks. mtmuley

That's what I figured. Thank you. Now my mind is turning from the 195 HHT's I have to maybe the 154. Dang it. mtmuley
Gday mtmuley
Don’t forget that 168 as that pill looks good on paper for you heavyweight guys 🤣🤣

195hht is this a typo or not released yet or I didn’t see it when I looked some time back or I should just catch up on the latest releases
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Nice stuff Joe keep up those tests as it’s opening more doors than one once thought
& that’s angled @ myself for a reminder to not assume
Cheers

A lot of good choices is a 2 edged sword: 1) Something for everybody, 2) Confusing to sort out.

I went with the 163 HHT, it shoots good, gives 1800+ fps at 1000 yards (given 4500 feet elevation, typical antelope elevation) Not that I'll shoot that far.

Could one of the others be better, Yes!

A lot of good choices is a 2 edged sword: 1) Something for everybody, 2) Confusing to sort out.

I went with the 163 HHT, it shoots good, gives 1800+ fps at 1000 yards (given 4500 feet elevation, typical antelope elevation) Not that I'll shoot that far.

Could one of the others be better, Yes!
Yeh - We are spoiled! If I don't get the 154HHT to shoot the way I want, I'll settle with the 137HH for deer this year. Or maybe I'll just follow Butterbean and drill them with the 124HH at 4,200 fps. I've got a nice accurate load. I still haven't played with the 151AH. I love this place!

Last edited:
From back on post 67.... ya'll PLEASE figure this out. You keep changing my mind😱, dangit/yippee?????

Back