300 H&H project started

Well seems you still have all your fingers so maybe stop?🤔😂 That's ripping! Be curious on primer pocket! So now you can add to the pressure thread! Very considerate to show it!🤪
Yeah, pretty sure I'll stop there :) I imagine that brass is toast but I havent punched it out yet to check. Will be trying several powders tomorrow for group and velocity before the next ladder.

Take care

Back out with the H&H this morning with 7 different kinds of powder. All I can really hope to accomplish here is thinning the herd a little by going with best velocity and pressure until my 154's show up. 4831 works well but I don't think I will have enough case capacity to get to max. IMR and H-4350 both look very promising with IMR reaching the best velocity this morning with 3496. N560 looks interesting as does Superformance. Meant to re-visit N550 with 73 grains but somehow neglected to load those. Only load that showed any indication of pressure was 74 grains of Hybrid. At 3368 with an ever so slight bolt click it is one that won't make the cut.

Fired 16 rounds today and is a fun rifle to shoot. Certainly has some recoil but nothing that will loosen any fillings.

Regards

Well back out playing again today. 90+ degrees by the time I finished so I guess I'm testing for temp stability too :). Looks like N550 may still be my powder of choice. 3518 average with no sign of pressure yet. Hunter may still be in the running as it looks like I started way too low with this load when I check 300 Win load data.

124's just annoyed the hell outa me. Three different loads with Magpro, 3808, 3836 and 3854, all three touching at 100. Who's idea was this anyway? Now I gotta keep pursuing this.

28 Nosler was also interesting. Got the 132 HHT's up to 3732 with Magpro before the slightest sign of pressure. Got the 120's to 3844 with no pressure sign at all. This load also put all 4 different loads sub moa. Will be back to find the top with these.

Regards

Gday
Mountainman
Thankyou was a great read on my morning cuppa tea that rolled into a coffee to finish this part of the thread as I hope there is more antics to come
Love this place
Great thread fellas keep it coming

@2Tone did you get that brass as probably some pretty cheap here if I can get it in time as postage sucks but I’ll have a mule 😜 who potentially can bring it back with him in early December if it’s not to long a wait

Cheers

Gday
Mountainman
Thankyou was a great read on my morning cuppa tea that rolled into a coffee to finish this part of the thread as I hope there is more antics to come
Love this place
Great thread fellas keep it coming

@2Tone did you get that brass as probably some pretty cheap here if I can get it in time as postage sucks but I’ll have a mule 😜 who potentially can bring it back with him in early December if it’s not to long a wait

Cheers
Farleg
You are Top Notch! I have yet to pull the trigger yet, so what's pretty cheap? I am not in any real big hurry, I just watched the the mule the other night.. Clint never fails to entertain. (y)

Yes Mountainman started a good one..:)

Gday 2tone & mountainman
More than happy to help where I can

I’ll send a pm as I may be stepping outside of the forum rules ( I didn’t reread as time poor ) but I’m not selling just passing on what I have & will not make anything just wanting to help so could I please have clarification on if this is outside of the rules or I’m ok to offer to other members in the future if a chance to help comes up 🤷‍♂️

Cheers

Farleg
Yea that’s what I understood! Thanks for the helping out.. you’re going far beyond what I would anybody could expect..

Cheers 🍻

Gday 2tone & mountainman

I’ll send a pm as I may be stepping outside of the forum rules ( I didn’t reread as time poor ) but I’m not selling just passing on what I have & will not make anything just wanting to help so could I please have clarification on if this is outside of the rules or I’m ok to offer to other members in the future if a chance to help comes up 🤷‍♂️

Cheers
To quote @buttetbean This place is great!!

Gday 2tone & mountainman

Cheers
Farleg, you're a gentleman and a scholar...........I don't care what Joe says 😂

Last edited:
Farleg
Yea that’s what I understood! Thanks for the helping out.. you’re going far beyond what I would anybody could expect..

Cheers 🍻
All cool man my pleasure

Pm sent
Farleg, you're a gentleman and a scholar...........I don't care what Joes says 😂
Mountainman if joe would get off the slow train he’s on he might catch up 😜

love this place
Cheers

Back