LabRadar?

We use both. I think the average shooter doesn't need to spend the money for the LR. I like the Magspeed because it always reads. Until the bayonet breaks. The LR doesn't like snow or rain either. That said, we use the LR as first choice and the Magspeed when the LR can't do the job.

Biggest lesson learned is don't let other shooters test their loads thru it! Unless you shoot their rifle. Unfamiliarity with chrono space = disaster.
I believe it. I usually move the chrono. I make my buddies set their rifle on the bench and get aimed at their target, then with open bolt and NO hands on rifle, I go move the chrono while they line me up with their scope on low power. Then I CHECK their alignment!😬

The Lab Radar is a boat anchor to me as they won’t read over 4K, that being said they are very nice but to complicated and time consuming and provides all kinds of information that I could care less about the Magneto Speed is EZPZ in my book

I have had my LabRadar for about a year now and absolutely love it. My fastest load is in the mid 3000's so nothing that is above the 4000 limit. I don't use all of the advanced features if I am honest. I always make sure it is armed before I shoot and then no issues. Once in a blue moon it may pick up something floating across the range (ie. leaves in the fall), but that is not an issue.
The only things I would really recommned:
1- Get any kind of external battery pack. The kind you would use to re-charge your phone. This will last many, many times longer than the AA's.
2- I got a small tripod (orange actually to match) on Amazon which works great and lets me set it up on the same bench easily.
3- They make a small sighting tool (a plastic tube basically) that attaches to the top of the unit. That is something that helped get the thing aligned.
4- I bought a Pelican case to store the unit it and makes it nice taking it to and from the range. Stores the unit, instructions, tripod and two battery packs. I bought the one with the inner foam that is pre-cut into little squares. Then I just picked out the squares accordingly to make everything work perfectly.
I hope this helps anyone looking at LabRadar. I like it better than the others, but that is just me. I don't like anything attached to my barrel, but that is just personal preference. Anyway, feel free to ask any questions.

Back